|Tonight’s windy walk|
Finished work at 19:00hrs and drove to Coleshill which is sort of on the way home. Parked up in Morrison’s car park ( other supermarket carparks are available ) pressed the start button and set off.
A bit of a twisty, looping route trying to use the ‘hills’ where I could.
With the terrible weather ( although not too bad locally ) promised, I was lucky to get almost all the way around before the heavens opened.
Back to the car, it was wet coat in the back; me in the front and off home.
Nothing exciting; not much to look at but at least it’s miles in the bag, in this case four and a half miles.
I had chance, today, to peruse the upcoming events on the LDWA website and have pencilled in a few walks which I would like to do. These include…
- 25/01/15 – Wilmot Wanderer ( 32 miles ) near Derby
- 07/02/15 – Rombald Stride ( 23 miles ) near Leeds
- 15/02/15 – Beacon Bash ( 21 miles ) Parbold, Lancs
- 28/03/15 – Three Shires ( 29 miles ) near Leek
- 12/04/15 – A Coventry Way ( 40 miles ) – guess where?
- 09/05/15 – The Ridgeway ( 40 miles ) near Swindon and of course,
- 23/05/15 – The Red Rose Hundred ( 100 big ones ) Lancashire